It's been a busy few months for Prince William, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and their three adorable kids. After Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's royal wedding and Prince Louis' christening, the Cambridge clan jetted off for a family vacation on the Caribbean isle of Mustique.
When they returned to England, Kate, 36, and William, also 36, spent more quality time with Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and baby Louis at the family's Anmer Hall country home in Norfolk where they reportedly held regular barbeques in the garden.
"William is a dab hand at these, taking control of the entire operation, while Kate helped prep food the night before," a royal source told Us Weekly in the magazine's latest issue.
Then came a trip to Queen Elizabeth's famed Balmoral estate in Scotland.
"There were tennis lessons for George and plenty of time outside," the insider said of the family's stay. In a previous interview, Kate herself said the "simple" moments she shares with her three children are her favourite.
"Spending quality time together is such an important aspect of family life and for me, as a mother, it is the simple family moments like playing outside together that I cherish," Kate wrote in a letter released in May for the UK's Children's Hospice Week.
But now that September is here, George, 5, and Charlotte, 3, have returned to school at London's St Thomas's Battersea and Willcocks Nursery School, respectively.
"William and Kate have been taking turns doing the school run. Usually, Charlotte is walked to her preschool by one of them, and the other will drive George to his," the insider shared.
At school, George is "following the national curriculum, studying subjects like geography, French, and maths." He's also taking ballet classes which he "really enjoys" and, as a new subject, he's "taken to it quickly." Ballet is additionally helping George come out of his shell.
"He's said to be going through quite a shy stage at the moment. School is a difficult time for any child, but coming from such a different background certainly has him standing out among his friends," the source explained.
However, Kate and William — who tied the knot in April 2011 — are doing everything they can to ensure their kids stay grounded despite their royal upbringing.
"William and Kate very much prioritise bringing up the children in as normal an environment as possible over anything else. They haven't lost sight of that. As the kids get older, it's even more important to them."
As for their only daughter, Charlotte, the royal source gushed the little Princess is "very bubbly" and "definitely the biggest character of the three children at the moment."
The insider added, "She's a very confident and sweet little girl. And my, is she polite! She'll come up to guests [at Kensington Palace] and ask them if they want tea or coffee or offer them sweets. So adorable."
Charlotte is also very protective of her younger sibling, Louis. "She's very interested in her little brother at the moment, and spends all of her time at home hanging around him. She wants to help in any way she can, whether it's passing nappies during a change or feeding him his bottle."
The insider additionally shared that Kate and William "have been lucky" with how easygoing Louis is.
"He's very quiet and content, always smiling and happy," the source said. The youngest Cambridge kid has also allegedly grown quite a lot in the last few months! "Louis has changed a lot since the last photos of him. He's still very chubby but he's grown fast and has a lovely head of hair on him," the royals insider told Us Weekly.
Though Kate and William reportedly "felt a little overwhelmed when they had their second child, with Louis they've found the change easy," the source said, adding, "They're finding [parenthood] a breeze at the moment. There's no additional staffing or help at home, that's for sure."
So are more kids in the future for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? "Three seems to be the magic number — although that's what William said about the number two after they had Charlotte!" the insider gushed.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Via our sister site Closer Weekly.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am