Royals

James Middleton has been forced to put his wedding to fiancée Alizee Thevenet on hold

The Duchess of Cambridge’s younger brother believes it would be “impossible” to tie the knot given the current circumstances.

The Duchess of Cambridge's younger brother James Middleton has been forced to abandon current wedding plans amid the coronavirus pandemic, it's been revealed.
According to Richard Eden at the Daily Mail, the 32-year-old had hoped to tie the knot with his fiancée Alizee Thevenet in the UK summer but given the current Covid-19 crisis, the couple has made the decision to put their plans on hold.
"They would prefer to wait until their guests are able – and happy – to attend," a close friend told the publication.
Adding that trying to plan anything right now would be "impossible".
James Middleton and fiancée Alizee Thevenet have been forced to cancel their wedding for the time being amid the COVID-19 pandemic. (Image: Instagram/@jmidy)
James announced his engagement to 29-year-old Alizee in October last year in an Instagram post of the couple surrounded by the breathtaking scenery of England's Lake District with a sapphire ring visible on Alizee's ring-finger.
"❤She said OUI ❤", James captioned the post, a sweet reference to his fiancée's French heritage.
"Our secret is out but we couldn't be happier to share the news," adding emojis of a champagne bottle, champagne glasses and the flags of France and Great Britain, along with their cute couples hashtag '#jalizee'.
James also shared two sweet videos to his Instagram stories.
The couple reportedly met in 2018 by chance, when Alizee stopped to say hello to one of James' dogs Ella.
James shared a compilation of photographs to his Instagram story ahead of announcing the news of their engagement last year. (Image: Instagram /@jmidy)
Last week delighted his Instagram followers with an adorable post declaring he was practising social distancing, featuring four of his dogs sitting at the dining table with a plate full of dog biscuits each.
"Socialising while social distancing 🍷🍝🐾," James captioned the image.
"Who wants to join? #bestdinnerpartyever."

The news of the postponement of James' wedding comes just days after it was revealed Princess Beatrice would also putting her wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on hold – just another spanner in the works for the couple who has already been forced to postpone their wedding twice.
Doubts were first cast over Bea and Edo's wedding plans earlier in the month when travel bans and border restrictions across the globe seemed likely and Italy went into lockdown.
The couple's guest list came under scrutiny with a source telling The Telegraph, "The coronavirus has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. Although there's no suggestion that Italy will remain in lockdown until the end of May, obviously the whole thing does cast doubt over the guest list."
Edoardo comes from the Lombardy region of northern Italy, which was the first to quarantine 16 million people.
Princess Beatrice has been forced to put her May 29 wedding on hold. (Image: Getty)
Even before the Covid-19 global pandemic took hold the couple's wedding plans have been dogged by stumbling blocks.
After announcing her engagement to Edo last September she had to postpone the announcement of their wedding date twice and was reportedly not happy about that.
The first time was because the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced that they would be stepping back as members of the Royal Family, then again after Prince Andrew's relationship with sex offender Jeffery Epstein was again put under the spotlight.