We can't help but admire Duchess Meghan and tennis champion Serena Williams' supportive friendship.
In a recent interview, the 2018 US Open runner-up told Lisa Wilkinson on The Project that she keeps in contact with the Duchess of Sussex and the two have been helping each other out.
"We were actually just texting each other this morning," Williams said.
"And you know, I think we have known each other for a long time. But we really are kind of relying on each other a lot recently."
The two reportedly met in 2014 at the Super Bowl and since then their friendship has blossomed.
Meghan Markle opened up about their friendship on her now defunct lifestyle blog, The Tig saying that they "hit it off" straight away at a Super Bowl event in 2014.
"Taking pictures, laughing through the flag football game we were both playing in, and chatting not about tennis or acting, but about all the good old fashioned girly stuff."
Duchess Meghan has also been a spectator at many of Serena's tennis matches, before and after she became a member of the royal family. Meghan and sister-in-law Duchess Catherine made an appearance at the 2018 Wimbledon women's final to watch Serena against Angelique Kerber.
Serena and her husband Alexis Ohanian were also in attendance at Harry and Meghan's big day, which the tennis champ spoke about in her Project interview.
"To have such a monumental moment in England, nonetheless of all the places, I felt like we were literally watching history.
"I feel like in a few years we are going to look back at that moment and it's going to be so historic. It's going to be something that people never forget. The whole service was really wonderful, and most of all I just wanted to see my friend be happy. And I think that's what happened."
Aside from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's royal wedding in May 2018, the last time Serena and Meghan were seen at a major public event together was New York Fashion Week in 2016. But they have still managed to show their support in other ways.
Meghan revealed on The Tig that Serena "quickly became a confidante I would text when I was traveling, the friend I would rally around for her tennis matches, and the down to earth chick I was able to grab lunch with."
"We're both the same age, have a penchant for hot sauces and adore fashion, but what connects us more than those things is perhaps our belief in exceeding expectations – our endless ambition."
Before Serena gave birth to her first child, Olympia, Meghan opened up in an interview with Vogue that she will take to motherhood like a natural.
"She will be an amazing mom. The very best, because she is so attuned to balancing strength and sensitivity. Plus, given that she is pretty epic at karaoke, I think she'll put her signature Serena spin on singing lullabies for the baby. I can't wait for that!"
And Meghan asked Serena for advice on how to handle the pressures of fame and the paparazzi, the tennis star said, "Her personality just shines. I told her, 'You've got to be who you are, Meghan. You can't hide.' "
After the launch of her charity cookbook Together, the Grand Slam champion took to Instagram to praise Meghan for her first project as a royal.
"I used to call you Meghan (and I still do) but dear Duchess of Sussex your first project "Together" a cookbook bringing women of all cultures together," Serena posted.
"I could not be more excited about it and proud of you. It's beautiful - diversity, inclusivity, coming together in grief or joy - there is just so much love. Link in bio to learn more, and how you can get a copy!"
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveToday 12:20pm
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's official website accidentally linked to an X-rated site instead of a charity
Now To LoveYesterday 4:15pm
- RoyalsMore royal heartbreak: The Queen's nephew the Earl of Snowdon has separated from his wife of 26 years
Now To LoveYesterday 12:40pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- Pregnancy & BirthJohn Campbell's adorable reaction to All Black TJ Perenara's baby news will melt your heart
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVHow love and a heartbreaking tragedy gave Lily McManus the courage to say yes to The Bachelorette
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2020
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2020
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020