Baywatch has always been, and probably will always be, about one thing only: how hot its stars look running up and down that stretch of pristine white Malibu sand.
And if the trailer is anything to go by, the movie remake of the infamous television series hasn’t strayed much from the original, which means grueling workouts for its lead actors to get Baywatch-beach body ready
Star of the surf rescue flick Zac Efron, who it’s got to be said was already in pretty good shape to start with, has just revealed his tough fitness schedule he was put through by celebrity trainer, Patrick Murphy.
"Patrick's training was confusing at first ... I just thought I was showing up to lift weights and get a deeper six pack (which is hard enough already)," the star wrote in a statement to E! News.
"But rather than the typical bodybuilding type of movements I had become accustomed to, Patrick pushed me to my 'functional' limits with a very multifaceted style: strength, explosiveness, fast paced, calculated, diverse and gut-wrenching workouts. It was fun ... you never know what he's going to throw at you the next day."
His co-star Alexandra Daddario also revealed she hadn’t escaped Murphy’s grueling exercise and fitness regimes either.
In an interview with Women’s Health, Daddario said she was training up to five times a week so she could “run wobble-free on the sand”, even in slow-motion if she so wished.
The ‘trainer to the stars’ posted a photo to Instagram last year, praising Daddario’s efforts.
Murphy captioned the photo: “When a bathing suit is your wardrobe for a major motion picture, #Baywatch, let’s just say motivation from me, the trainer, isn’t necessary.
“Very proud of all the hard work @alexannadaddario has put in for movie prep ... Made my job easy,"
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019