A transformation for The Hours won Nicole Kidman an Oscar in the past, will it be the case for her new role as LAPD cop Erin Bell in director Karyn Kusama's new film, Destroyer?
One thing is for sure: this is Nicole Kidman as we have never seen her before.
The actress will be playing Erin Bell, a "rough around the edges" LAPD detective who is still struggling with a traumatic experience as an undercover cop in a Californian gang.
"We always knew that what we wanted her to look like was a real middle-aged woman with a past that she wears on her face... With sun damage and sleep deprivation and stress and rage, just in her whole physical body," the film's director Karyn Kusama told Vanity Fair.
Nicole's character is said to wear her "ugliness on the outside, all that smallness and bitterness," which is not something we're used to from the actress.
This is one actress who is not afraid to take her acting to the next level, whatever it takes.
The 51-year-old has been teaching the world a thing or two about just how tough an Aussie can be.
In a recent role playing Queen Atlanna in the DC film, Aquaman, Nicole shared a sneak peek into what she's made of.
"My opening shot in the film is being washed up on a rock, and I got to lie there with massive waves washing over me," she told an excited audience at the Aquaman Q&A.
"And I kept thinking, 'Come on, James! Give it to me! The bigger the better! This is why I'm doing this movie," she continued during the San Diego Comic-Con in California last month.
We can't wait for all these exciting Kidman projects to hit our screens.
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019