A transformation for The Hours won Nicole Kidman an Oscar in the past, will it be the case for her new role as LAPD cop Erin Bell in director Karyn Kusama's new film, Destroyer?
One thing is for sure: this is Nicole Kidman as we have never seen her before.
The actress will be playing Erin Bell, a "rough around the edges" LAPD detective who is still struggling with a traumatic experience as an undercover cop in a Californian gang.
"We always knew that what we wanted her to look like was a real middle-aged woman with a past that she wears on her face... With sun damage and sleep deprivation and stress and rage, just in her whole physical body," the film's director Karyn Kusama told Vanity Fair.
Nicole's character is said to wear her "ugliness on the outside, all that smallness and bitterness," which is not something we're used to from the actress.
This is one actress who is not afraid to take her acting to the next level, whatever it takes.
The 51-year-old has been teaching the world a thing or two about just how tough an Aussie can be.
In a recent role playing Queen Atlanna in the DC film, Aquaman, Nicole shared a sneak peek into what she's made of.
"My opening shot in the film is being washed up on a rock, and I got to lie there with massive waves washing over me," she told an excited audience at the Aquaman Q&A.
"And I kept thinking, 'Come on, James! Give it to me! The bigger the better! This is why I'm doing this movie," she continued during the San Diego Comic-Con in California last month.
We can't wait for all these exciting Kidman projects to hit our screens.
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019