Beyoncé has been confirmed as Nala, Simba's childhood friend and later love interest, in Disney's next The Lion King, which will be in cinemas from July 2019.
Disney officially released its cast list today. Beyonce will join Donald Glover as Simba, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar and James Earl Jones as Mufasa.
The cast also includes Alfre Woodard as Sarabi, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, Billy Eichner as Timon, John Kani as Rafiki, John Oliver as Zazu, Eric Andre as Azizi, Florence Kasuma as Shenzi, and Keegan-Michael Key as Kamari. JD McCrary is Young Simba and Shahadi Wright Joseph is Young Nala.
Congratulations, Beyoncé! We can't wait for the movie to come out.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019