Stefaan Nes was "stoked" when he saw Victoria Fuller, 27, walking down the aisle to marry him, but admits that he didn't have a type in mind when he signed up to Married at First Sight NZ.
"That's why I was kind of awkward and laid-back with my approach to the wedding," the 26-year-old newlywed says. But he was a bit shocked as he watched his big day on TV, saying that with the hours of interviews and filming, only "a couple of minutes of bloopers" were shown.
"Family is a massive part of my life and so for none of that to get portrayed out there … I was a little disappointed," he confesses.
Passionate fans have taken to social media to question the Auckland-based pool technician's match with primary school teacher Vicky, but Stefaan is happy to give it a go with the help of the experts.
Prior to the experiment, his longest relationship was just three weeks and he admits that he has a protective wall that sees him walking away from any connections, but now he's ready to change.
"Part of why I signed up is obviously to find the love of my life and for it to work out," Stefaan says. "And I hope that I'm also going to learn about relationships, and how I can hold on to them a bit longer and all those finer details."
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019