Stefaan Nes was "stoked" when he saw Victoria Fuller, 27, walking down the aisle to marry him, but admits that he didn't have a type in mind when he signed up to Married at First Sight NZ.
"That's why I was kind of awkward and laid-back with my approach to the wedding," the 26-year-old newlywed says. But he was a bit shocked as he watched his big day on TV, saying that with the hours of interviews and filming, only "a couple of minutes of bloopers" were shown.
"Family is a massive part of my life and so for none of that to get portrayed out there … I was a little disappointed," he confesses.
Passionate fans have taken to social media to question the Auckland-based pool technician's match with primary school teacher Vicky, but Stefaan is happy to give it a go with the help of the experts.
Prior to the experiment, his longest relationship was just three weeks and he admits that he has a protective wall that sees him walking away from any connections, but now he's ready to change.
"Part of why I signed up is obviously to find the love of my life and for it to work out," Stefaan says. "And I hope that I'm also going to learn about relationships, and how I can hold on to them a bit longer and all those finer details."
- RoyalsThe first official joint portrait of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge has been unveiled
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- TVMasterChef NZ Rudi Hefer: 'How cooking saved my life'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2022
- BodyKristiana's secret struggle: 'All the pain was worth it'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 24, 2022
- Celebrity NewsMatthew and Chloe Ridge: 'We have to put our kids first'
Woman's DayJun 23, 2022
- TVMasterChef NZ's Sam reveals: 'coming out made me a better cook'
Woman's DayJun 22, 2022
- TVMasterChef NZ's Lance Maynell reveals how he came back from rock bottom
Woman's DayJun 17, 2022