His on screen wife Jessika Power has been pursuing an affair with 'intruder' groom Daniel Webb - and has kept Mick in the experiment for the second week running just so she can 'explore' things further with Dan.
But Queensland-based farmer Mick Gould is having the last laugh, as he confesses to TV WEEK that he may be striking up the ultimate revenge romance – with Dan's wife Tamara Joy.
Mick and Tamara were spotted in Melbourne recently packing on the PDA at Tamara's 30th birthday, walking arm in arm and setting the rumour mill wild. And now Mick is breaking his silence on the gossip that they're a couple in real life, revealing he thinks the experts got his match wrong from the get-go.
Watch: Mick reaches breaking point with Jess. Story continues below.
"I wish I was paired with Tamara," he admits, before making a swipe at his on-screen bride. "Great chick – and real!"
In fact, Mick even hints it was Jess and Dan's secret relationship that brought he and Tamara closer together in the end.
"It was absolutely appalling to find out Jess and Dan were playing up behind Tamara's and my back. I don't think they realised that if they left the experiment they wouldn't fall off the face of the earth," he tells TV WEEK of the couple, who were hesitant to give their relationship a go outside of the experiment because they lived in different states.
Watch: Jess makes her intentions towards Dan crystal clear. Story continues below.
Now as things heat up between he and Tam off screen, Mick is questioning the connection he had with Jess entirely.
"Early on I had feelings for Jess, yes. But I think it was just a build-up of emotions over the course of the experiment," he confesses.
"Jess was on the show for fame. There is absolutely no doubt about it. Dan and Jess won't last."
29-year-old Tamara echoes Mick's view on Jess and Dan's relationship. "It won't last, mark my words," she told TV WEEK.
And in the biggest sign yet that she's well and truly over her disastrous marriage to Dan, she was recently photographed throwing her wedding dress out.
Jess, meanwhile, is unapologetic about pursing her relationship with Dan.
"I did feel bad… If I were in the outside world, I probably wouldn't have done that. But I liked Dan and went for it. I can't apologise for that," she told TV WEEK.
She may well have to prove her commitment if things with Dan go the distance, as the 35-year-old single father is facing jail time over a multi-million fraud.
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am