Patrick Dwyer and Belinda Vickers seemed like one of the golden couples of the last season of Married At First Sight, but the pair announced their shock split on Monday.
Fans had hoped the couple's romance would stand the test of time, especially as it seemed just as strong after the cameras stopped rolling.
But both of the former MAFS stars have confirmed their relationship is over in matching messages shared to their Instagram Stories earlier this week.
"We would like to address the current rumours of our split and can confirm we have gone our separate ways," the former MAFS bride and groom both shared.
"We have enjoyed a relationship together for over 9 months however we do not want the same things in love and life.
"We appreciate all the love and support we have received through our journey," the message continued.
Rumours of their break up first started after fans noticed both Belinda and Patrick were conspicuously absent from one another's social media pages.
It's been just over a month since the couple last appeared together on Patrick's Instagram, with a photo of the two walking through a park together and the caption: "I guess reality TV can work".
Meanwhile, Belinda hadn't featured Patrick on her social media since late May.
The most telling sign that the couple had split was in Patrick's follower count as it appears the reality star has unfollowed everyone from their season of the show, including Belinda.
The personal trainer recently revealed he and Belinda had been physically separated due to COVID.
"Bel is currently in quarantine, so I can't see her for a while. But here's a short cute video of our time on MAFS," he wrote, alongside a compilation clip.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, New Idea.
- TVAngela Bloomfield's rocky ride on Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 13, 2021
- TVJess Tyson's secret weapon to win Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 09, 2021
- At homeWe love this family home which has a resort-style feel
Now To LoveOct 07, 2021
- Diet & NutritionWhy drinking a cup of tea is a simple and effective step in self-care
Now To LoveOct 04, 2021
- At homeTips for creating a stylish and comfortable outdoor entertaining space
Woman's DaySep 27, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island JJ Fong's personal heartache
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart reveals her battle with self-confidence
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsRyan Bridge opens up about landing his dream job as the new host of The AM Show
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 25, 2021