After his shock exit from one of the world's biggest boybands, former One Direction member Zayn Malik has released his first solo song.
Despite officially blaming his departure from One Direction on wanting to be a "normal 22-year-old", Zayn was pictured heading into a studio with Naughty Boy a day after the news of his exit broke. The two were rumoured to be working on new music together - and now it seems those rumours were right!
Yesterday, producer Naughty Boy tweeted a link to a demo song featuring Zayn called 'I Won't Mind', with the simple caption "let the music do the talking".
The announcement stunned many Directioners, many of whom had been hoping Zayn would reunite with the rest of the band in future. The song has since been taken down, although not before Naughty Boy received plenty of hate on Twitter from heartbroken One Direction fans.
Zayn himself reportedly lost 50,000 followers on Twitter after the controversy around the song, although he still has 14.6 million left.
Naughty Boy also got into a Twitter spat with Zayn's former bandmate Louis Tomlinson hours before he shared Zayn's new song, after the producer seemingly retweeted a video suggesting he had 'saved' Zayn.
"Wow @NaughtyBoyMusic you're so inconsiderate pal, seriously how f*ing old are you? Grow up! #masterofallwisdom," Louis tweeted.
"Clearly trying to wind the fans up! Well you succeeded anyway. Fair play," he added.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020