Movie star Tom Cruise has arrived in Queenstown where he will be filming his new blockbuster, Mission Impossible 6.
It’s understood segments of the film will be shot in the remote Rees Valley, just north of Glenorchy.
While the exact location remains tightly under wraps, Stuff reports there have been sightings of security around Duffers Saddle, on Nevis Road, near Cromwell.
Portable toilets have been bought into the area and a marque has been set up. Several military structures, surrounded by high-barbed wire fencing, have also been seen on the privately-owned property.
According to Fairfax sources the remote and rugged Central Otago location will stand in for Iraq. Insiders have also revealed it’s likely a car chase will be filmed here too.
The film’s other locations remain a closely guarded secret at this time.
The Hollywood celebrity jetted into the country from Fiji on a private jet yesterday morning. It’s believed filming is scheduled to start Monday June 19.
Cruise was last in New Zealand in 2002 for the filming of the Last Samurai in Taranaki.
Starring alongside the Hollywood heavyweight in the sixth installment of the action spy series will be Rebecca Fergusson, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Alec Baldwin and Sean Harris.
Mission Impossible 6 will be directed by Christopher McQuarrie, who also directed the fifth chapter, Rogue Nation.
The movie is due for release July next year.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019