We haven’t heard much from Tom Cruise, 53, in the way of romantic-liaisons since his split from Katie Holmes in 2012.
But it looks as if that’s all about to change… and quickly!
InTouch Weekly report that he is seriously smitten with newcomer Vanessa Kirby.
The 28-year-old star is perhaps most well known for her portrayal of Princess Margaret, Queen Elizabeth II’s sister, on the hit Netflix drama The Crown.
And it was this role which first piqued Tom’s interest.
“Tom flipped for her work and told the other Mission: Impossible producers that he had to have Vanessa for a crucial role for the franchise’s sixth installment,” an insider told the publication.
“They had instant chemistry, and of course she got the role,” the source said. “He’s blown her away with his endless charm and energy. He thinks she’s perfect to be his next wife.”
“He wants to make her the next Mrs. Tom Cruise,” they added.
While all this may seem hasty, let’s not forget that Tom and Katie publicly announced their engagement just shy of eight weeks from having first met and during this brief period, Katie even found the time to convert from Catholicism to the Church of Scientology.
With this in mind, we’ll be keeping a VERY close eye on Tomanessa/Crukirby/Cruvanessa… ok fine, we’re open to further name suggestions.
WATCH: Tom and Katie's marriage was one of the messiest in Hollywood memory. Post continues...
Tom shares two children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman - Isabella Jane Kidman Cruise, 24, and Connor Antony Cruise, 22. He also shares a daughter, Suri Cruise, 10, with ex-wife Katie.
Suri made headlines last year after she was reportedly caught making secret phone calls to her dad.
At the time a source revealed to Star magazine that, “Suri has been talking to Tom behind Katie’s back. He looks forward to her texts.”
Suri is reportedly not allowed to speak to her father publicly because of his position in the Scientology community.
The source added that “Katie is very concerned about Suri being brainwashed; that’s why she wanted to monitor every conversation.”
“She’s well aware of how powerful Scientology is, and she doesn’t want Tom luring Suri away from her. It’s a constant fear.”
The source added: “It’s not surprising that Suri is confused by the lack of communication between her parents.”
“She’s growing up, asking more questions and it’s becoming harder to shield her from the whispers. She wants to speak to her dad.”
While her relationship with her father remains the subject of much intrigue, in 2008 Tom proudly told Oprah that Suri was the centre of his universe.
It's unknown when Tom and Suri last saw each other.
This story originally appeared on Now To Love
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayToday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveToday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveToday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveToday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019