Hollywood superstar Shailene Woodley has fallen for North Harbour rugby player Ben Volavola.
Revealed in this week’s Woman’s Day, 25-year-old Shailene – famous for starring roles in Big Little Lies, Divergent and Fault in Our Stars – has been photographed in romantic clinches with the handsome rugby first five in Hamilton on the side lines after North Harbour’s recent win over Waikato. Wearing a North Harbour beanie and scarf, the famous actress looked absolutely smitten as she cheered the team on to victory.
An onlooker in Hamilton said, “Shailene was sitting in the stands with two girlfriends while Ben played and went wild when they won. She was obviously really proud of him. Apparently she’s been to lots of games this season.”
Shailene has been in New Zealand filming studio scenes for a new movie called Adrift in west Auckland. It’s thought she met Ben, 26, earlier this year while shooting on location in Fiji, where he plays for the national team. It’s believed the Sydney-born player was training there at the same time.
Although she never named him, Shailene posted a photo of her hand entwined with Ben’s last week – sending fans of the teen idol into a frenzy as they tried to work out his identity. While she was cryptic on Instagram, her very public displays of affection with Ben in New Zealand mean the romance is now out in the open.
For the exclusive photos, see this week’s Woman’s Day.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021