Scarlett Johansson and her husband, French journalist Romain Dauriac, have split after two years of marriage, according to reports.
The couple have one daughter together, two-year-old Rose Dorothy. They first went public with their romance in November 2012 and wed in secret at the Ranch at Rock Creek in Philipsburg, Montana in October 2014.
While the Captain America: Civil War star is known for keeping her relationships out of the public eye, she did open up about Romain in an interview with Parade, revealing the pair met through mutual friends in Paris.
“It was very romantic … When I’d come back to Paris I would see him. We started dating,” she revealed, adding that it was “his brain” that had attracted her to him initially.
“He’s the smartest person I know. I was attracted to the way that he thinks, his sense of irony, how he looks at things.”
The couple welcomed their daughter Rose Dorothy Dauriac in September 2014, and Scarlett spoke about the experience of giving birth in a 2015 interview with W magazine.
“When she came out of me, I was so surprised. I had a very strong picture in my mind of what my baby would look like, and of course, she is completely different,” she revealed.
Watch Scarlett star in a short film for Dolce & Gabbana fragrance The One. Story continues below.
“Perfect, but not what I’d imagined. Now, of course, I can’t picture her any other way.”
On Saturday, Scarlett spoke out about her little one again as she participated in the Women’s March on Washington protesting Donald Trump.
“Support my daughter,” she said in an impassioned speech during the protest.
“Who may actually – as a result of the appointments you have made – grow up in a country that is moving backwards, not forwards, and who potentially may not have the right to make choices for her body and her future that your daughter Ivanka [Trump] has been privileged to have.”
Previously, Scarlett had been married to actor Ryan Reynolds from 2008 to 2010 and was also linked to Sean Penn, her Black Dahlia co-star Josh Hartnett and Fun guitarist Jack Antonoff.
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveToday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayToday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveYesterday 2:42pm
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveYesterday 1:11pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:50am
- CareerMeet the woman behind one of New Zealand's most classic Kiwi holiday tunes
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:44am
- PetsPet quirks and personalities: Finding the right pet for you and your family
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- SkincareThe difference between natural and chemical sunscreen
- BodyRadio star Sarah Gandy celebrates beating breast cancer
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveDec 09, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayDec 09, 2019