Since welcoming his first child into the world in early November with fiancée Laura Gallacher, Russell Brand has certainly seen his life change.
But as the comedian reveals in a new interview for ITN, he is relishing the new role of father to tiny tot Mabel.
“It’s the most wonderful thing,” he gushed.
“To have something outside of yourself that’s more important than you – other than West Ham United,” he joked.
Russell’s daughter Mabel was born on November 6, with the star proudly announcing the news during a performance at the Nottingham Playhouse.
“He was conscious of the clock and made sure he was off stage by just approaching 9pm as he ‘needed to get down the f---ing M21 as my girlfriend has just had a baby,’” attendee Daniel Crann told The Mirror of the show.
This is the first child for Russell, 41, and Laura, 27. The couple have reportedly been dating on and off since 2007, and recently moved in together.
While fatherhood is a new role for Russell, the Get Him to the Greek star previously opened up about anticipating his little bundle of joy in an interview with The Evening Standard.
“I feel lit up by the idea. I’m very excited about becoming a dad and I’m preparing myself,” he revealed.
“I am just getting ready to be with a new little person and see what it is they want.”
Russell was previously married to singer Katy Perry and was also linked to Kate Moss, Australian actress Teresa Palmer, Courtney Love and Geri Halliwell.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019