After being diagnosed with breast cancer and undergoing a double mastectomy in April, Rita Wilson says the ordeal has only made her and husband Tom Hanks stronger.
"Who knew it would make you even closer?" she revealed in a new interview with the New York Times.
The A-list couple have been married for 27 years but until now, have never had to face any serious medical emergencies - and Rita, 58, said she was "blown away" by how Tom reacted when the sad news came.
"You never know how your spouse is going to react in a situation like this. I was so amazed, so blown away by the care my husband gave me," she went on.
"It was such a normal, intimate time."
The star - who has now returned to the Broadway production of 'Fish in the Dark' - was only diagnosed with breast cancer after requesting a second opinion, and her experience has encouraged her to speak out about the importance of listening to your gut instinct when it comes to health.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021