1988 After losing 30kg, Winfrey brought out a wagon representing her weight loss. Later, she described this as her “biggest, fattest mistake”. She said she had not eaten a morsel of food for months, started eating chocolate when the show was finished, and the jeans no longer fitted two days later.
1993 At that stage a recluse, Michael Jackson allowed Winfrey to film an interview with him at his Neverland Ranch. It was her most-watched episode, with 100 million people tuning in.
1996 Oprah’s Book Club was launched, highlighting one book a month. Over the 15 years it ran, the book club promoted 70 books. The estimated sales of ‘Oprah editions’ of these books is a reported 55 million.
WATCH: The moment Oprah revealed her impressive 30kg weightloss
1997 Winfrey took to the stage with Tina Turner, achieving one of her life goals. The host says having her music icon on the show was a rare nervous moments of her career.
2000 Nelson Mandela appeared on the Oprah show. Afterwards, the Harpo staff lined the backstage hallway to shake his hand and it was dubbed the ‘Nelson Mandela Hallway’.
2004 The infamous ‘You get a car’ episode! Winfrey gave away 11 cars on the stage, and then told the audience the winner of the 12th car would find keys under their seat. The audience lost their minds when it turned out they all had keys; all 276 audience members were given brand-new Pontiacs.
WATCH: The moment Oprah gave everyone in her audience a car
2005 Tom Cruise couldn’t contain himself when talking about new love Katie Holmes, and jumped on the couch in excitement.
2011 Winfrey revealed she had a secret half-sister, Patricia, and the pair reunited on her show. Patricia discovered the connection in 2007 in her efforts to find her birth mother.
2011 Winfrey filmed her final episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show. One of her last messages included this: “It is no coincidence that a lonely little girl who felt not a lot of love, even though my parents and grandparents did the best they could – it is no coincidence that I grew up to feel genuine kindness, affection, validation and trust from millions of you all over the world… You and this show have been the great love of my life.”
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019