Rugby giant Richie McCaw and Black Sticks champion Gemma Flynn have woken after a night of wedding celebrations with family and friends to a perfectly sunny Wanaka morning.
The high profile couple marked the momentous occasion of their first morning as a married couple by sharing a photo to their fans on social media.
The casually dressed yet still very stylish pair can be seen standing together holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes in front of a stellar view of Lake Wanaka.
The romantic caption read: “Awesome to wake up on our first day as Mr and Mrs McCaw”.
According to reports the Kiwi sports stars are believed to have tied the knot yesterday at the Olive Grove in Wanaka, in front of around 80 guests, including legendary All Blacks coach Steve Hansen.
The exclusive venue set on the shores of Lake Wanaka is a stunning and secluded location surrounded by majestic alpine views.
It’s also an area that’s close to the couple’s hearts. It’s where Richie popped the question just over a year ago.
Christchurch-based Richie and Gemma have been together for four years. Gemma, 26, has told how she first met the All Black great at a function, before he contacted her on Facebook.
Taking a low key approach to romance, Richie simply sent a message to Gemma to say he was “sorry for her loss in a hockey game and that he knew exactly what it feels like to lose a big match”.
Gemma, who was busy at the time concentrating on her sporting career, said she forgot to reply, although she did get in touch with the rugby star two weeks later.
The pair took things a step further in 2014 with Gemma moving with Richie’s Christchurch home.
Almost a year ago to the day, Richie proposed to his beautiful sports playing sweetheart. And obviously over the moon at her response, the All Black great took to social media to share the thrilling news.
"Happy new year to everyone,” he wrote under a photo of the pair toasting. “I've had a fantastic start to 2016 and feel very lucky. Gemma said 'yes'! It's been great celebrating our engagement with friends and family in sunny central Otago. Here's to a great year ahead."
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2019