Rugby giant Richie McCaw and Black Sticks champion Gemma Flynn have woken after a night of wedding celebrations with family and friends to a perfectly sunny Wanaka morning.
The high profile couple marked the momentous occasion of their first morning as a married couple by sharing a photo to their fans on social media.
The casually dressed yet still very stylish pair can be seen standing together holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes in front of a stellar view of Lake Wanaka.
The romantic caption read: “Awesome to wake up on our first day as Mr and Mrs McCaw”.
According to reports the Kiwi sports stars are believed to have tied the knot yesterday at the Olive Grove in Wanaka, in front of around 80 guests, including legendary All Blacks coach Steve Hansen.
The exclusive venue set on the shores of Lake Wanaka is a stunning and secluded location surrounded by majestic alpine views.
It’s also an area that’s close to the couple’s hearts. It’s where Richie popped the question just over a year ago.
Christchurch-based Richie and Gemma have been together for four years. Gemma, 26, has told how she first met the All Black great at a function, before he contacted her on Facebook.
Taking a low key approach to romance, Richie simply sent a message to Gemma to say he was “sorry for her loss in a hockey game and that he knew exactly what it feels like to lose a big match”.
Gemma, who was busy at the time concentrating on her sporting career, said she forgot to reply, although she did get in touch with the rugby star two weeks later.
The pair took things a step further in 2014 with Gemma moving with Richie’s Christchurch home.
Almost a year ago to the day, Richie proposed to his beautiful sports playing sweetheart. And obviously over the moon at her response, the All Black great took to social media to share the thrilling news.
"Happy new year to everyone,” he wrote under a photo of the pair toasting. “I've had a fantastic start to 2016 and feel very lucky. Gemma said 'yes'! It's been great celebrating our engagement with friends and family in sunny central Otago. Here's to a great year ahead."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019