Naz Khanjani faced off against Bella Henry in the opening fight of the Joseph Parker undercard in Manukau, on Saturday night.
The much anticipated fight between the reality TV contestant and the daughter of broadcaster Paul Henry was a done deal after three rounds, with the judges calling the bout in Naz’s favour with a score of 30-27.
While Bella had a height and weight advantage, the diminutive TV star was throwing punches from the minute she entered the ring.
Stuff report Naz showed good technical skills against her opponent and was deceptively powerful for her size.
Just making it to this match has proven challenging for Naz. Earlier this year she had to pull out of her original debut in July, because she was suffering from exhaustion and illness on the eve of her Christchurch fight with Mai FM DJ Lily Taurau.
“It hasn’t been an easy journey. I’ve been to hell and back,” Naz said after her win.
“It’s been tough but I had a more calm approach to this fight and I’ve got to thank my trainer Bryan Barry.
“I didn’t know what to expect of Bell but I take my hat off to her.”
Both girls had joked in the lead-up to the match they were both hoping to get cheap “nose jobs” in the fight.
Neither suffered any damage, and both were in good form after the match.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019