One famous actor has admitted that in the year leading up to working with Meryl Streep on a new film, he was terrified of her.
So who is it?
Scroll down for video
In a new film called Florence Foster Jenkins about a tone-deaf operatic soprano, Grant played the role of Streep’s common-law husband and manager, St Clair Bayfield.
At the world premiere of the movie in London, Grant and Streep cuddled up to each other in photos, but it wasn't always like that for Hugh and the Oscar-winning actress.
“I was terrified of her really, and I signed up a year before we shot so I had a whole year of being frightened,” Hugh said.
“I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming sometimes, thinking ‘I have to do hard emotional scenes against Meryl Streep. You have to raise your game.’”
He added: “She’s such an icon, it’s very odd to be in her orbit at all.”
The film is based on a true story. Despite facing mockery and criticism for her not-so-great voice, Jenkins sold out New York’s Carnegie Hall, and Grant says this ‘underdog’ theme might pull audiences in.
“Someone pointed out to me the other day that in things like Britain’s Got Talent they love the people that are really bad almost better than the people who are really good, so hopefully there is an audience for this film here,” he said.
“I can’t see how she wouldn’t have won, she really was a sensation in her day.”
“It’s quite something to fill Carnegie Hall when you can’t sing a note,” he continued.
Watch the trailer for Florence Foster Jenkins
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019