Plenty of actors have been hit with a bad review or two, but Spy star Melissa McCarthy recently came face-to-face with a particularly harsh critic of her own.
In a review of her previous film Tammy (directed by Melissa's husband Ben Falcone), this reviewer had slammed Melissa for how she looked in the movie, saying she was only a "good actor" when she looked "more attractive".
At the Toronto Film Festival in September, Melissa met the critic head-on, and she told Ellen DeGeneres how it all went down.
"Are you the one who wrote I was only a good actor when I looked more attractive and that my husband should never be allowed to direct me because he allowed me to look so homely?" she asked him.
When the reviewer admitted he was, Melissa asked him, "would you ever say that to a man?"
She also asked whether he had a daughter, and how he would feel if she was told she couldn't get a job because she wasn't "attractive" enough.
"Just know every time you write stuff, every young girl in this country reads that and they just get a little bit chipped away.
"We tear down women in this country for all these superficial reasons, and women are so great and strong," she finished.
- MindFrom dating apps to social media - how to have a healthy relationship with your phone
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilyAt home with Dame Valerie Adams and her 'lucky last' baby Kepaleli
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- FamilyWhy, at 84, Sir Michael Parkinson is allowing his son to turn the tables and interview him on stage
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe Mediterranean Diet: Is this the healthiest diet ever?
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on their absolute joy at having a baby in the family
Now To LoveYesterday 10:41am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share their body positivity secrets
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeet NEXT magazine's Woman Of The Year 2019 Winners
NEXTOct 11, 2019
- Mind‘I’m forever in your debt’: James Middleton shares an emotional tribute on Instagram
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- TVThe Bachelor Australia's Abbie Chatfield's heartbreaking abortion confession
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- MoneyJo Seagar gives her top tips on how to stay calm and solvent over Christmas
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 11, 2019
- TVThe new Masterchef Australia judges have been announced - and the choices are surprising
Now To LoveOct 10, 2019