While the Spice Girls may be on again, off again, their girl power will never end.
This weekend, Mel B took to Instagram with a racy snap, wearing nothing but gold jewellery, in a bid to share a message of body positivity to her 776,000 followers.
“As a women [sic] I embrace my flaws and I’m comfortable in my own skin, might as well - I’m gonna be in it for the rest of my life,” the 41-year-old wrote alongside the powerful pic.
“I’m the kinda girl that has absolutely no desire to fit in, ladies we gotta love the skin we are in,” she added, finishing off with the hashtag “#FeelinMyself”.
With more than 400 comments and 16,000 likes, Mel’s post has been met with both positive and negative feedback.
While many women thanked the star for her #NoFilter approach to female body empowerment, others took a different path, calling out the fit star for sending such a message while wearing make-up.
“What flaws,” one fan remarked while another shared, “You look great and I like you, but did you really just put out this message with full face and hair? #smh #dobetter.”
The mother-of-three has made no secret of her mission to feeling like her best self. In a candid Instagram post earlier this year, Mel revealed that she had lost more than 13 kilograms since the beginning of 2015.
Speaking with Closer magazine, theX-Factor host confessed: "I have to work out most days to stay in shape; I'm not one of those people who can eat whatever they like. I have to really work at it, especially as I get older.
Of her fitness routine, she adds: "generally I try to do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day mixed with weights. I'm also a big fan of sit-ups, so I try to do as many of those things as I can."
While Mel says she’s “done fad diets in the past”, she now assumes a “simple” diet, deeming it better and more effective in the long run.
"I know what's healthy and what's not. I eat lots of protein, fill up on veg and try to avoid carbs at night.
“I also love gummy bears, so they will always be my treat. I have one day a week where I just have to indulge.”
WATCH: Mel B relives her Spice Girls days to Woman's Day in the video player below!
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019