Blackcap superstar batsman Martin Guptill and his wife, TV and radio personality Laura McGoldrick, have been bowled over by the news they’re expecting their first child.
“It’s still pretty new,” the glowing mum-to-be, 28, tells Woman’s Day. “We’re a little overwhelmed. We haven’t told a great deal of people yet, so this is the first time we’re really talking about it. Well, we’re about to tell a whole lot more, aren’t we?!”
Though currently nursing a hamstring injury, Martin, 30, is preparing to head to India to play in the subcontinent’s lucrative Premier League, but he hopes to be back for the birth of his child.
“The fact I’m going to be someone’s dad,” the record-breaking cricketer says, “it’s an exciting thing to think about and I’m really looking forward to it.”
For more details and all the gorgeous pictures, see the latest issue of Woman’s Day.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021