The Queen of Pop expected her 15-year-old son Rocco to return to New York ahead of Christmas, but instead of flying to his mum he stayed in the UK with his film director father, Guy Ritchie.
When Madge found out the news, she went straight to court where a New York Supreme Court judge ordered Rocco to return to stay with his mother.
Guy’s lawyer maintained that Rocco was adamant about staying in the UK, saying he “has expressed very clearly that he does not want to return to New York.”
As a consequence, a London judge determined that the issue will be revisited in a New York court in February where the teenager will make his case.
According to TMZ sources close to Madonna, Guy Ritchie is responsible for driving a wedge between Rocco and his mother.
The divorcees have long had a “volatile” relationship, and their conflict has often centred on their eldest son. Madonna is reportedly “very controlling” and a “strict disciplinarian” they said, which Rocco doesn’t like.
Since the original feud, it seems that the battle has moved to Instagram where both parents tried to prove who had the better Christmas.
Guy’s new wife of six months Jacqui Ritchie posted this ‘With Love From the Ritchies’ throwback photo from the couple’s wedding day to the social media platform. Rocco can be seen to the right of the newlyweds.
Madonna, on the other hand, showed off snaps of her enjoying time with her other children on Christmas Day.
She also wished her eldest son a Merry Christmas, despite the custody battle.
Guy and Madonna, who have shared custody over their sons Rocco, 15, and David, 10, divorced in 2008 after 8 years of marriage.
Rocco is the first birth child for Ritchie and the second for Madonna, who has a 19-year-old daughter, Lourdes with actor Carlos Leon.
The now-estranged couple adopted David from Malawi in 2006.
Madonna went on to adopt another child from Malawi, daughter Mercy James, in 2009; she is now 9-years-old.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019