The Queen of Pop expected her 15-year-old son Rocco to return to New York ahead of Christmas, but instead of flying to his mum he stayed in the UK with his film director father, Guy Ritchie.
When Madge found out the news, she went straight to court where a New York Supreme Court judge ordered Rocco to return to stay with his mother.
Guy’s lawyer maintained that Rocco was adamant about staying in the UK, saying he “has expressed very clearly that he does not want to return to New York.”
As a consequence, a London judge determined that the issue will be revisited in a New York court in February where the teenager will make his case.
According to TMZ sources close to Madonna, Guy Ritchie is responsible for driving a wedge between Rocco and his mother.
The divorcees have long had a “volatile” relationship, and their conflict has often centred on their eldest son. Madonna is reportedly “very controlling” and a “strict disciplinarian” they said, which Rocco doesn’t like.
Since the original feud, it seems that the battle has moved to Instagram where both parents tried to prove who had the better Christmas.
Guy’s new wife of six months Jacqui Ritchie posted this ‘With Love From the Ritchies’ throwback photo from the couple’s wedding day to the social media platform. Rocco can be seen to the right of the newlyweds.
Madonna, on the other hand, showed off snaps of her enjoying time with her other children on Christmas Day.
She also wished her eldest son a Merry Christmas, despite the custody battle.
Guy and Madonna, who have shared custody over their sons Rocco, 15, and David, 10, divorced in 2008 after 8 years of marriage.
Rocco is the first birth child for Ritchie and the second for Madonna, who has a 19-year-old daughter, Lourdes with actor Carlos Leon.
The now-estranged couple adopted David from Malawi in 2006.
Madonna went on to adopt another child from Malawi, daughter Mercy James, in 2009; she is now 9-years-old.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019