Madonna has been given permission to adopt four-year-old twin girls from Malawi.
The Like a Virgin singer, 58, has been told she is free to take Esther and Stella back to the US, after being granted an adoption order by Malawi High Court.
Just last month, the star denied claims she was pursuing adoption in the east African nation, where she has already adopted to children – David and Mercy, both 11.
The divorcee will be under observation for a year before the adoption process is finalised, and a home study must be submitted to authorities.
According to reports, Madonna is adopting the girls from an orphanage, where they have been for the past two years.
Lucy Bandazi, a spokeswoman for the Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare in Malawi warned that just because Madonna is famous, doesn’t mean things are streamlined for her.
"The judge will take into consideration all her social factors, such as where she will live and where the children will be brought up."
Last month, Madonna insisted she was not in the process of adopting, stating she was in Malawi to check on the children’s hospital and her charity Raising Malawi.
Madonna adopted David Banda from Malawi in 2006, after finding him suffering with pneumonia and tuberculosis.
The artist was heavily criticised for this adoption, as it is custom for people adopting a child in the country to remain there for the first year.
Madonna had to campaign the High Court to adopt Mercy James years later, with them eventually agreeing to adoption in 2009.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019