Madonna's always been a bit of rebel heart, and she certainly wasn't going to tame her behaviour for her son's charity gala.
Inspired by her little boy, David Banda, who she adopted from Malawi, the 58-year-old hosted Madonna Presents An Evening of Music, Art, Mischief and Performance to Benefit Raising Malawi.
Taking place on Friday, in Miami, the night was filled with celebrities, romance, political agenda and whole lotta cash.
The starlet auctioned off rare photographs, tour memorabilia, and pieces from her own art collection
And with the help of her star-studded guest list including Sean Penn, Leonardo DiCaprio, Chris Rock, Bethenny Frankel James Corden, Courtney Love, Adriana Lima and Paris Hilton, she raised over $7.5 million for the African nation.
Raising eyebrows, along with all the money, Madge decided that she should turn the auction onto herself... and ex Sean Penn.
The singer, who was Mrs Penn for four years between 1985 to 1989, told the crowd she'd remarry the actor if he bid $150,000.
Real Housewives star Bethenny Frankel recorded the whole thing on Snapchat.
“I’m still in love with you,” Madonna gushed.
Indulging his former wife, Sean handcuffed Madonna and crawled through her legs at one point.
"For once, he's not the one being arrested," she joked.
There was certainly a lot of attention on the former flames, with Madonna putting up for auction three black and white photos from her 1985 wedding to Sean, shot by the late photographer Herb Ritts.
The stunning images were said to be sold for $230,000.
Other items being auctioned included a weeklong stay at Leonardo DiCaprio’s Palm Springs’ home, which went for $140,000 and a custom-designed Fiat 500 inspired by the lady of the hour.
While it was an “evening of music, art, and mischief”, the reason behind it was a lot more sobering.
Madonna was inspired to raise much needed funds and awareness after adopting her son from Malawi.
A documentary about his life revealed his birth mum had died in childbirth. David, who was suffering from pneumonia and malaria at the time, had also lost his three siblings were also dead when Madonna adopted him.
The brave 11-year-old took to the stage to share a bit about himself, “My name is David. Now you know a little bit about Malawi and how I met my mother.”
“I realize I’m one of the lucky ones,” he added, before introducing his mother.
Of course Madonna shared her creative flair, dipping into her clown alter-ego for a slowed down performance of toxic.
The singer also danced with Chris Rock, before being joined by Ariana Grande in what can only be described as "gyrating" performance.
Check it out in the video below!
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019