Doting mum Madonna is standing by her son Rocco, after he was arrested for possession of marijuana.
The Queen of Pop has released a statement this week expressing her support for her son, despite his troubles with the law.
“I love my son very much,” the statement read. “I will do whatever I can to give him the support that he needs, and I ask that you respect our privacy at this time.”
16-year-old Rocco was the subject of a custody dispute between Madonna and her ex-husband Guy Ritchie for much for 2016. In September, after months of legal wrangling, a judge finally ruled that the teen should continue to reside with his father in London.
According to UK press, Rocco was arrested at the end of September after neighbours complained about his drug use. He was taken in by police after being stopped in the upmarket neighbourhood of Notting Hill.
But despite the arrest, sources close to the teenager told UK paper The Mirror,that Rocco is just a “normal kid,” and definitely not a troublemaker.
After losing custody of her son to ex Guy, Madonna posted several cryptic messages to her social media, telling followers that “sometimes you have to act like a bitch, and be treated like a queen.”
The former couple battled for nine months over where Rocco should reside, with the pair finally agreeing out of court that he should stay with his dad.
Rocco fled the European leg of his mother’s tour in December 2015, heading to his father’s home in London.
And after spending Christmas with Guy and his new wife Jacqui, he refused to return home to America to start the new school term – kicking off nine months of arguments.
In March, Madonna shocked audiences here in Auckland, as she admitted she knew she had “lost the battle” for her son. She added: “There’s no love stronger than a mother for her son.”
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019