Leonard, who was best known for playing Mr. Spock on the beloved series Star Trek, sadly passed away in Los Angeles over the weekend. He was 83 and had been battling chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and had reportedly been hospitalised after experiencing chest pains earlier last week.
William Shatner, Leonard's close friend and costar in Star Trek, has since come under fire for announcing that he wouldn't be able to make Leonard's funeral in Los Angeles. He took to Twitter to clear up the misunderstanding and explain his absence.
"I am currently in FL as I agrred to appear at the Red Cross Ball tonight. Leonard's funeral is tomorrow. I can't make it back in time," he tweeted.
"I feel really awful. Here I am doing charity work and one of my dearest friends is being buried," he shared not long after.
As he can't be at the funeral in person, the actor has been remembering Leonard on Twitter, answering questions from fans with sometimes funny, sometimes heartfelt answers.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019