Lady Gaga and Christian Carino, her talent-agent-turned-special-someone, are reportedly engaged.
A source told Us Weekly that the couple “secretly got engaged” a few months back, after Christian asked Gaga's father for his permission.
But the duo, who were first linked to one another in January, won’t be walking down the aisle anytime soon. Instead, they’ll be focusing on the singer-songwriter’s ongoing health battle.
As previously reported, the “Bad Romance” hitmaker suffers from fibromyalgia -- a form of chronic pain.
Gaga has linked the pain to having been raped at 19. She has said her chronic pain transpired from a "paralysing fear" she’d been suffering from the years since the attack. Injury or trauma can trigger post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which Gaga has said she suffers from, and the condition has been linked with fibromyalgia.
"When something traumatic happens, your brain disconnects so that it can handle it," Gaga explained during an earlier interview with The Morning Show.
"But, it stays in your body, in your tissues, physically in you."
At the press conference for the Netflix documentary Gaga: Five Foot Two, the "Born This Way" singer acknowledged that some might not understand her pain given how she manages to produce such grand and energetic performances – and in those heels. But she wants to inspire people with her documentary, which closely follows her struggle.
"There’s a degree of self-deprecation and shame that goes along with feeling in pain a lot," she said.
"I want people that watch it that think there’s no way I live that way because they see me dance and sing, to know I struggle with things like them and that I work through it and that it can be done."
WATCH: Lady Gaga reveals her struggle with PTSD. Post continues...
The film’s director, Chris Moukarbel, confirmed that it was difficult following the star during the making of her album Joanne in 2016, while she also sought treatment for chronic pain.
"It was incredibly hard, on a basic fundamental human level, to be near someone experiencing pain like that," he said.
"There's nothing you can do, beyond filming."
Gaga was previously engaged to Taylor Kinney, but she and the actor split in 2016 after five years together.
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick for beating the heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am