It seems it’s over before it even really began! After announcing their engagement in January, and posing for a magazine story about their one-year anniversary only weeks ago, Coronation Street star Kym Marsh (38) and her personal trainer fiancé Dan Hooper (32) have split.
“Kym and Dan are hoping this is a short-term thing and that the break will help them resolve their differences,” an insider reveals, adding that Dan has already moved out of their Manchester home.
Dan himself took to Twitter shortly after the news broke, reassuring his fans that their separation isn’t permanent. “Nothing’s broken off,” he wrote. “We are having space and a break.”
Kym had earlier admitted to tension at home, reportedly telling fellow judges at a beauty pageant that she’d “made a big mistake with him”.
The shock news comes only weeks after Kym said she wasn’t entering into the engagement lightly. “I’m the happiest I’ve ever been,” she said. “I know this is the guy I’m meant to be with. In fact, I’m certain of it.”
Sources are blaming work schedules as a possible cause. “Both of them have very busy work lives, which has put pressure on them both. They both needed some space, but things are amicable.”
Kym, who plays Michelle Connor on the soap, was due to attend last week’s Bafta TV awards, but pulled out at the last minute. She was also too upset to go to work. However, friends of the pair are hopeful of a reconciliation, not only for the benefit of Kym and Dan, but for Kym’s kids David (20) Emilie (17) and Polly (4), as well as Dan’s daughter Lexi (4), who have already experienced their fair share of upheaval.
Though this would have been Kym’s third marriage – she’s been engaged five times. “Kym’s life has been filled with heartbreak,” a source admits.
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019