Fans know that the only thing Kanye West loves more than Kanye West is his wife, Kim Kardashian.
The power couple is nothing but supportive of each other and it's clear that Kim is perfect in Kanye's eyes — which is why he takes any chance he gets to gush over his wife.
In a new interview, Kanye interviewed his interior designer Axel Vervoordt and they talked about fashion and design — and Kanye couldn't help but bring up his muse and he compared her to the infamous Marie Antoinette.
In the interview, which was published by The Hollywood Reporter, Kanye and Axel discussed how timelessness is a theme that they both admire over trendiness, and that's when Kanye compared his wife to the former Queen of France.
"Even with my wife, I see her as a representation, as a Marie Antoinette of our time," he said.
Marie Antoinette was the last queen to preside over France before the French Revolution in 1789, and it doesn't seem like such a positive historical figure to compare to his wife.
Marie was known to live a lavish lifestyle while the people of France lived in poverty and famine and even though it hasn't ever been confirmed, the quote "Let them eat cake" is often attributed to her.
She was eventually tried and found guilty of depletion of the national treasury, conspiracy, and high treason and she was sentenced to death by guillotine.
But it seems like Kanye was trying to compare Kim's eye for design to Marie, who built a theater in the Petit Trianon and the Hameau de la Reinein the Palace of Versailles during her lifetime.
"A designer told me that my wife was a master of light and I was a master of time," Kanye continued. "How to use time is equal to being someone who can cut a diamond. The ability to preserve time is more valuable than the ability to preserve a diamond because time is our most valuable resource. So using something timeless to remind us of what time is, is a good bar."
This article originally appeared on In Touch.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019