Just 18-months ago, TV One sports presenter Jenny-May Clarkson was yet to meet the love of her life.
Now, after a whirlwind romance and wedding, the 42-year-old is surrounded by love – her big-hearted husband, Dean, and the new addition to their family: twin boys!
In this week’s issue of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, Jenny-May and Dean introduce us to their adorable seven-week-old non-identical twins, who were born on March 22.
Born by emergency C-section, Jenny-May was on the job at The Trusts Arena in Henderson coaching her netball team, the Mystics, when she got a call from her midwife urging her to go to the hospital, immediately.
“I thought, ‘Can I fit in one more game?’” Jenny-May laughs, “But then I thought, ‘Nah, my husband would lose it!’”
So, just shy of the 38-week mark, Jenny-May’s healthy baby boys – Anthony Te Manahau Morris (6lbs, 7oz) and Charles Atawhai Te Waka (7lbs, 11oz) - were delivered in Auckland.
Jenny-May and Dean admit the are, understandably, feeling pretty tired, but extremely delighted with their gorgeous little duo.
“It’s just awesome,” says Jenny-May. “We’re really blessed. I’m so, so blessed.”
In this issue of the Weekly, Jenny-May and Dean speak candidly about the reality of having twins, also sharing the touching story behind the naming of their boys, their tumultuous pregnancy journey and their hopes for the twins’ future.
See all the adorable photos of this gorgeous family in this week’s New Zealand Woman’s Weekly
Words: Alice O'Connell
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 16, 2019