Just 18-months ago, TV One sports presenter Jenny-May Clarkson was yet to meet the love of her life.
Now, after a whirlwind romance and wedding, the 42-year-old is surrounded by love – her big-hearted husband, Dean, and the new addition to their family: twin boys!
In this week’s issue of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, Jenny-May and Dean introduce us to their adorable seven-week-old non-identical twins, who were born on March 22.
Born by emergency C-section, Jenny-May was on the job at The Trusts Arena in Henderson coaching her netball team, the Mystics, when she got a call from her midwife urging her to go to the hospital, immediately.
“I thought, ‘Can I fit in one more game?’” Jenny-May laughs, “But then I thought, ‘Nah, my husband would lose it!’”
So, just shy of the 38-week mark, Jenny-May’s healthy baby boys – Anthony Te Manahau Morris (6lbs, 7oz) and Charles Atawhai Te Waka (7lbs, 11oz) - were delivered in Auckland.
Jenny-May and Dean admit the are, understandably, feeling pretty tired, but extremely delighted with their gorgeous little duo.
“It’s just awesome,” says Jenny-May. “We’re really blessed. I’m so, so blessed.”
In this issue of the Weekly, Jenny-May and Dean speak candidly about the reality of having twins, also sharing the touching story behind the naming of their boys, their tumultuous pregnancy journey and their hopes for the twins’ future.
See all the adorable photos of this gorgeous family in this week’s New Zealand Woman’s Weekly
Words: Alice O'Connell
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019