Jennifer Aniston has shared the real story behind that Friends audition her now-husband,Justin Theroux, missed out on. While the actor has previously said he blew his chance to appear on the hit sitcom by sleeping in, Jennifer says the real reason was something else entirely.
The 48-year-old, who was launched into the Hollywood stardom stratosphere for her role as Rachel Green on the '90s sitcom, said: “He didn’t sleep through it! He just didn’t want to get on a plane.”
She tells Elle: “He didn’t want to live in California at that point. He was a total New Yorker and he wasn’t moving.”
The story of how they met could have been a lot different, but the Horrible Bosses actress said that how it eventually went down was “perfect”. They first met in 2007 on the set of Tropic Thunder, but it wasn’t till they co-starred in the 2012 comedy Wanderlust that they reconnected.
“He is good at me-time already, I think,” she explains about Theroux. “We’ve very likeminded and that’s why we get along so well. We have very similar sensibilities and he has a wonderful group of friends too that he’s had forever. They’re wonderful, just very grounded, decent people. He knows how to take care of himself.”
The loved-up couple, who celebrated their two-year anniversary earlier this month, work hard to maintain a long-distance relationship. Justin, 46, recently told TV Week, “It’s tough, it’s a pain.”
“We have a two-week rule [to see each other]. But when you create those rules, they get blown out of the water pretty quickly."
“But when you are tired, you just make an extra effort to make trips back or have your partner come visit you.”
WATCH: Jennifer Aniston weds Justin Theroux (story continues after video)
But when the pair are in the same place at the same time, they cherish the moment.
“[Jen] has an enormously good sense of humour,” Justin revealed
“We make each other laugh a lot – we really do. There’s nothing that gives me more pleasure than watching her laugh hard and then getting her to laugh harder.”
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- BodyWhat form of yoga is best for you? Here are six of the most popular
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerThe near-death experience that led Wicken jewellery creator Kim McKay to become a good witch
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Miriama Kamo will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- BodyEating soluble fibre more could be a game-changer for those living with asthma
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- BodyGemma McCaw's 5 rookie mistakes to avoid when working out
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- BodyEarly bird or night owl? What your sleep patterns say about you
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveDec 06, 2019
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayDec 05, 2019
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 05, 2019