Jennifer, 45, has admitted to the rather surprising friendship with Gwyneth, explaining that the two bonded since their very public breakups with Hollywood golden boy, Brad Pitt.
Jennifer had nothing but glowing words to say about Gwyneth in a new interview with Allure magazine.
Jen said: “I've known her (Gwyneth) a long time. That woman has got style to the moon and back. Chic, effortless, gorgeous. This sums us up. Look, I'm in a T-shirt, jeans, and 400-year-old shoes, and this one is just, like, to a T. She's always been sweet to me.”
The former Friends star is in her prime, has been nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award for her role in the upcoming film Cake where she plays a woman suffering from chronic pain after a car accident.
Jen is also now happily engaged to Justin Theroux and more comfortable than ever in speaking her mind and voicing her views on motherhood.
"I don't like [the pressure] that people put on me, on women,” Jen said, “that you've failed yourself as a female because you haven't procreated.”
“I don't think it's fair. You may not have a child come out of your vagina, but that doesn't mean you aren't mothering – dogs, friends, friends' children.
“This continually is said about me: that I was so career-driven and focused on myself, that I don't want to be a mother, and how selfish that is."
Jen says she’s proud of all her choices, but she admitted that it is hard to always handle the criticism: "Even saying it gets me a little tight in my throat."
Jen did not hold back bringing up how people “overcomplicate” the notion of feminism. "It's simply believing in equality between men and women. Pretty basic."
On her fiancé, Justin, Jen said: “We're equals."
“He's a nurturer. He is so fiercely loyal. Beyond protective. I mean, the way he takes care of our dogs, he takes care of me, he takes care of friends.”
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019