Jennifer, 45, has admitted to the rather surprising friendship with Gwyneth, explaining that the two bonded since their very public breakups with Hollywood golden boy, Brad Pitt.
Jennifer had nothing but glowing words to say about Gwyneth in a new interview with Allure magazine.
Jen said: “I've known her (Gwyneth) a long time. That woman has got style to the moon and back. Chic, effortless, gorgeous. This sums us up. Look, I'm in a T-shirt, jeans, and 400-year-old shoes, and this one is just, like, to a T. She's always been sweet to me.”
The former Friends star is in her prime, has been nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award for her role in the upcoming film Cake where she plays a woman suffering from chronic pain after a car accident.
Jen is also now happily engaged to Justin Theroux and more comfortable than ever in speaking her mind and voicing her views on motherhood.
"I don't like [the pressure] that people put on me, on women,” Jen said, “that you've failed yourself as a female because you haven't procreated.”
“I don't think it's fair. You may not have a child come out of your vagina, but that doesn't mean you aren't mothering – dogs, friends, friends' children.
“This continually is said about me: that I was so career-driven and focused on myself, that I don't want to be a mother, and how selfish that is."
Jen says she’s proud of all her choices, but she admitted that it is hard to always handle the criticism: "Even saying it gets me a little tight in my throat."
Jen did not hold back bringing up how people “overcomplicate” the notion of feminism. "It's simply believing in equality between men and women. Pretty basic."
On her fiancé, Justin, Jen said: “We're equals."
“He's a nurturer. He is so fiercely loyal. Beyond protective. I mean, the way he takes care of our dogs, he takes care of me, he takes care of friends.”
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019