Popular presenter and journalist Hilary Barry has quit TV3.
One half of the 6pm Newshub presenting team with Mike McRoberts, Hilary is also part of The Paul Henry Show team each weekday morning.
“I have had a wonderful and varied career at MediaWorks and am very grateful for the opportunity to have worked with some incredibly talented people over the years who have been both mentors and friends,” she said in a statement.
"I am thrilled to have been a part of the launch and success of Newshub and Paul Henry. I know I'm leaving both performing well and in great shape.
"For now though, I am very much looking forward to recharging my batteries and spending more time with my family. I want to thank MediaWorks, my colleagues and the viewers and listeners. I know that the team will continue to deliver a world class news service across digital, TV and radio."
Hilary’s career with MediaWorks has spanned 23 years, after starting as a news reporter in Christchurch in 1993.
Mark Weldon, group CEO, paid tribute to her contribution to the company.
"I want to thank and pay tribute to Hilary. She is a brilliant broadcaster, highly respected journalist and much-loved personality, who will be missed by myself, colleagues and audiences.
"This was a personal decision made by Hilary. We are disappointed to lose her but also acknowledge that, after 23 years, it's very reasonable she might wish to make a change. So, we respect her decision, thank her for her enormous contribution, and wish her the very best.
"She leaves the company on a high, with Paul Henry and Newshub Live at 6pm both performing extremely well."
It’s understood Hilary, 46, will remain on-air for another month, with an announcement about her replacement to be made in the coming weeks.
Watch: Hilary Barry Can't stop laughing while reading the news
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021