Broadcaster Heather Du Plessis-Allan has revealed she’ll be leaving MediaWorks and taking some time out from television, when her 7 o’clock nightly current affairs show Story wraps for the year.
Shakeups at the media company have revealed Story, which is fronted by Heather and her co-host Duncan Garner, won’t be returning to TV3 in 2017.
Duncan Garner will remain with MediaWorks and will front a new breakfast show as current breakfast host Paul Henry will be leaving the morning slot.
It's been reported that Henry will be taking up another, as yet, unspecific role with the network.
The television presenter told NZME that while she and Garner knew Story was being axed back in July, she was glad she’d had an opportunity to work on the current affairs show.
“I gave it a go and had a fantastic time, it's one of those things you can look back when you are an old lady and say I did that".
The 32-year-old journalist also admitted the demands of her nightly television role, along with her Sunday Radio Live show, and a commute to Wellington every fortnight had left her exhausted.
"I was working 6 days a week, which is really seven. If a radio interview fell over on Saturday you'd have to find something else - so your brain just doesn't turn itself off".
She said her husband, Newstalk ZB’s political editor Barry Soper, was behind her decision to leave and was looking forward to spending more time with her.
Story will end in three weeks, and the broadcaster said she’s looking forward to taking time out to relax.
"I want to read books in the sun, surf and spend time with friends and family- the people that matter- for as long as I like.”
- TVBree Tomasel reveals her heartbreaking medical condition
Woman's DayYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsThe Queen “regretfully” cancels her appearance at UN climate change summit amid mounting fears for her health
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 2:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice makes a glamorous appearance after welcoming baby Sienna with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 26, 2021
- At homeBring some tranquility to your home with these trending paint colours
Now To LoveOct 25, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart has found the one
Now To LoveOct 23, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's courage: 'My boobs are ticking timebombs!'
Woman's DayOct 21, 2021
- Married at First SightWhich Married At First Sight season 8 couples are still together?
Now To LoveOct 19, 2021