Taylor Swift is notorious for penning hit songs about her ex-boyfriends, but the relationship that has perhaps most interested fans was her short-lived romance with Harry Styles.
Now, in a candid new interview with Rolling Stone, Harry has finally opened up about what it was really like dating the popstar.
The couple met in late 2012 at an awards show and were later photographed taking a romantic stroll through Central Park, on what was only their second date. Predictably, the relationship came under intense scrutiny as they hit headlines around the world – and just a few months later, in January 2013, the couple were reported to have split.
Looking back on the relationship now, Harry claims there are no hard feelings on his part.
“Relationships are hard, at any age. And adding in that you don't really understand exactly how it works when you're 18, trying to navigate all that stuff didn't make it easier,” he told the magazine.
“It was a learning experience for sure. But at the heart of it – I just wanted it to be a normal date,” he said of their much-photographed walk in Central Park.
Asked what he would say if he were to see Taylor again, Harry revealed, "Certain things don't work out. There's a lot of things that can be right, and it's still wrong ... Meeting someone new, sharing those experiences, it's the best s--t ever. So thank you."
Of course, Taylor’s rumoured to have written several songs about him (including “Out of the Woods” and “Style”), but Harry says that, more than anything else, he appreciates his ex’s talents as an artist.
“I mean, I don’t know if they’re about me or not … but the issue is, she’s so good, they’re bloody everywhere,” he revealed.
“I write from my experiences; everyone does that. I’m lucky if everything [we went through] helped create those songs.”
If nothing else, Harry can rest assured that he’s not the only Swift ex to have made an appearance in her albums!
The chart-topping songstress has also penned tracks rumoured to be about Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer, Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020