There's clearly no love lost between Kate and Oliver Hudson and their biological father Bill Hudson, as Goldie Hawn's ex has hit back at his estranged children in a scathing new interview with The Daily Mail.
Last week, Nashville star Oliver Hudson slammed Bill in a hard-hitting Father's Day post on Instagram. Sharing a photo of the famous siblings with their dad in happier times, Oliver captioned it "Happy abandonment day" and tagged Kate in the post.
The jab wasn't lost on Bill, who was married to Goldie from 1976-1980.
"I say to them now, 'I set you free.' I had five birth children but I now consider myself a father of three," he told the publication.
"I no longer recognise Kate and Oliver as my own," he said.
Bill went on to say that both Oliver and Kate were not part of his life anymore, and he wanted them to stop using his last name.
"Oliver's Instagram post was a malicious, vicious, premeditated attack. He is dead to me now. As is Kate. I am mourning their loss even though they are still walking this earth," he said.
Kate, 36, has yet to make any comments about the very public spat, but on Father's Day in the US she posted her own tribute to Kurt Russell.
"Pa, just simply...Thank you. Happy Fathers Day I love you to the moon and back," she wrote on Instagram, alongside a black and white photo of herself and Kurt.
Kurt, 64, has been in a relationship with Goldie since 1983 and is close to both Oliver and Kate. He has one biological son with Goldie named Wyatt, who was born in 1986, and he also has a son named Boston from his previous marriage to ex-wife Season Hubley.
In an interview with Porter for their June isue this year, Goldie opened up about how she and Kurt share similar family values.
"We talked about relationships and commonality early on. We had nannies, there’s no doubt about it. We’ve both been working," she told the publication.
"But we were very present with our children. It’s the same way we grew up."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019