Following their debut on the red carpet, Gemma Flynn’s earrings were auctioned off for charity.
Richie McCaw’s fiance sold her diamond, white topaz and sterling silver earrings on Trademe for $2510, to raise money for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.
"My nana has twice survived breast cancer, so it's a charity our family holds dear in our hearts," she told The Herald
"I'm so pleased to be able to give back. It's the least I could do."
The earrings originally retailed for $2350.
Gemma’s bespoke jewels were designed by Auckland's Grae Jewellery, which she wore at the Chasing Great premiere in August.
The idea to donate the earrings arose during the design process, stemming from both the jewellery designer Charmaine Williams and Gemmas’s shared support for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.
Gemma's previous work with the NZ Breast Cancer foundation includes meeting with a group of survivors at a breakfast event with Toni Street and taking part in charity walks in her home town of Tauranga.
"It's a very special opportunity to support the community of women and families affected by breast cancer and get hold of a beautiful piece of New Zealand sport and film history," said Charmaine.
The $1 reserve auction begun on Trade Me on Thursday 29th September and ran for five days before closing on Monday 3 rd October.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019