Newshub have just announced The AM Show, which is replacing the Paul Henry show, is ready to launch and will be hitting the air in just over a week.
The show will be on air from 6am Monday, 13 February and will be hosted by Duncan Garner, who previously fronted Story with Heather du Plessis Allen.
Duncan will be joined by Amanda Gillies reading the news, and Mark Richardson will front sport. Mark is a familiar face from The Crowd Goes Wild and his role as a cricket commentator for Sky TV.
There’s plenty of excitement among the hosts as they get ready for their new early morning slot, with Duncan saying he’s “fizzing” over the show’s great new format.
“I can’t wait.” Duncan said. “We’ve got a fresh new look for the set and new vibe – and we want to share it with you – February 13 can’t come soon enough.”
While a 2.30 wake-up time is a tough call, the presenters have been honing their early morning chops and making sure they ready to hit the ground running when launch day comes.
“We’ve been practising,” Mark said “and Duncan and Amanda are still managing to be clever and coherent, despite the 2.30am alarm. Having a great crew to banter with around the desk certainly helps.”
Watch scenes from Paul Henry's final breakfast show. Article continues after video.
The show is making sure their audience can have its say too, with social media sites primed for a direct line of feedback.
The AM show will be on air from 6am on television, radio and the web from Monday 13th February.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveSep 21, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021