Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have added a new member to their family: Kid, a 9-week-old puppy!
"I have not talked about this yet, but we have a new puppy,” Ellen said.
“Portia and I got a puppy and his name is Kid so now we have a kid. Yep. I mean, he is absolutely adorable.”
She went on to say, “It really makes me appreciate what it's like to be a mother.”
“Because like, I'm trying to hold a puppy while I'm trying to make coffee. And I can't do anything. He doesn't let me do anything.”
"And I named him Kid because, you know, people...There have been rumors forever. 'When are you and Portia gonna have a kid?' So, now I can say we have a Kid. So it can just stop."
In her 2011 book, Seriously...I'm Kidding, Ellen joked about people who longed to see her become a mother.
"People are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children.”
“We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own," she wrote.
"There is far too much glass in our house."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019