Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have added a new member to their family: Kid, a 9-week-old puppy!
"I have not talked about this yet, but we have a new puppy,” Ellen said.
“Portia and I got a puppy and his name is Kid so now we have a kid. Yep. I mean, he is absolutely adorable.”
She went on to say, “It really makes me appreciate what it's like to be a mother.”
“Because like, I'm trying to hold a puppy while I'm trying to make coffee. And I can't do anything. He doesn't let me do anything.”
"And I named him Kid because, you know, people...There have been rumors forever. 'When are you and Portia gonna have a kid?' So, now I can say we have a Kid. So it can just stop."
In her 2011 book, Seriously...I'm Kidding, Ellen joked about people who longed to see her become a mother.
"People are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children.”
“We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own," she wrote.
"There is far too much glass in our house."
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020