A Gisborne woman has received a personal message from Ed Sheeran wishing her "lots of love."
Brooke Hunter, 23, has Welms cancer which attacks the kidneys and is most common throughout children and young adults.
"It's been 2 years of hard fighting, many rounds of chemo, a loss of a kidney, stem cell harvests and transplant," Brooke's aunty Tania Stallard wrote on her Givealittle page.
"Through it all Brooke has shown such amazing character and strength, to start such a fight at 21 years and be so amazingly and strong and positive has been something to witness."
Brooke's close friend, Ramari Wanoa, posted the video to Facebook after she tweeted consistently at Ed Sheeran's manager for a message.
"Hey Brooke, I thought I would send you a video to let you know I'm thinking about you," Sheeran said and ended the clip by wishing her "all the love in the world."
Brooke took to Facebook saying she "now knows what being star struck feels like" and that she has watched the video from Ed "over 100 times."
Brooke's Givealittle page has raised $12,620 so far.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019