A Gisborne woman has received a personal message from Ed Sheeran wishing her "lots of love."
Brooke Hunter, 23, has Welms cancer which attacks the kidneys and is most common throughout children and young adults.
"It's been 2 years of hard fighting, many rounds of chemo, a loss of a kidney, stem cell harvests and transplant," Brooke's aunty Tania Stallard wrote on her Givealittle page.
"Through it all Brooke has shown such amazing character and strength, to start such a fight at 21 years and be so amazingly and strong and positive has been something to witness."
Brooke's close friend, Ramari Wanoa, posted the video to Facebook after she tweeted consistently at Ed Sheeran's manager for a message.
"Hey Brooke, I thought I would send you a video to let you know I'm thinking about you," Sheeran said and ended the clip by wishing her "all the love in the world."
Brooke took to Facebook saying she "now knows what being star struck feels like" and that she has watched the video from Ed "over 100 times."
Brooke's Givealittle page has raised $12,620 so far.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2019