Single mother Drew Barrymore has shared her secret for successful co-parenting – and it’s easier than you’d think…
The actress, who announced she was calling time on her four-year marriage to Will Kopelman earlier in the year, revealed that the main thing for her is “constant plans.”
“I think plans. Constant plans,” she told Entertainment Tonight while walking the red carpet at the Once Upon A Time Gala in Los Angeles on October 15.
“You just… you, I don’t know, you just be a family! Families are many different definitions in this day and age.”
Despite splitting with Will, Drew's touched that his family still include her in celebrations.
"I woke up to an email from my children's grandmother, Coco, this morning saying, 'OK so I think my birthday we're going to do it on the 14th. Can you make that date because it's not the same without you. I have to make sure that date works for you.' I feel honoured that my children's grandmother... her love and acceptance means the world to me," Drew shared.
The actress shares two daughters with her ex, Olive, four and Frankie, two.
And speaking of not wearing a mask, the 41-year-old is known for showing off her face clean of make-up, having uploaded many bare-faced selfies to her Instagram account.
For someone with over 5 million followers and a career very much in the spotlight, this could be considered a bold move – so how does she stay confident when baring all?
"I have a motto, 'A smile is better than any lipstick you're ever going to buy,'" she explained to ET.
"So if I can be just me every day of my life and have the makeup moment feel special or like I'm carving something out of my time, or I'm making an effort to show someone in a meeting or a dinner that I've made the effort - it feels special. But every day is not like that."
**This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020