Supermodel Iman hasn't had a lot to smile about this year after losing her husband, music legend David Bowie in January.
But on Monday the beauty took a moment to share a happy milestone as her and David's daughter Lexi celebrated her 16th birthday.
Taking to Instagram Iman, 61, posted a stunning black and white snap of her daughter and penned a loving tribute nearly seven months after the teenager lost her dad.
“Happy sweet 16th birthday to my baby girl Lexi! Stay sweet "Classy with a hint of sassy" #selfportrait #LexiLove,” the catwalk queen mused.
In the snap, Lexi looks to be her mother’s carbon copy with striking eyes and a captivating pout.
While the resemblance between the mother and daughter is easy to spot, many fans also pointed out her likeness to her late father.
“She's beautiful, I see a lot of David Bowie,” one user commented.
Since welcoming Lexi in 2000, David and Iman had lived a quiet life in their luxurious apartment in New York, keeping their daughter out of the spotlight.
“I am not married to David Bowie - I am married to David Jones [his real name]. They are two totally different people. We never have photographs taken in our apartment, we never do fashion shoots together,” Iman once mused of their approach to separating show business and family.
Friends close to the late singer say the birth of Lexi changed wild child David for the better.
“He missed out on much of Zowie’s [Duncan] young life, and wanted to spend as much time as possible with Lexi,” David’s biographer David Buckley once explained.
Lexi is Iman and David’s only child together and the half-sibling to David’s son Duncan, 44, from his first marriage to Mary Angela Barnett.
Story via: Woman's Day.
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayToday 3:15pm
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019