Dan Carter and his family might be living it up in France, but the former All Black has shown he’s definitely got a soft spot for sunny Italy.
Taking a break from his hectic schedule, Dan, along with wife Honor Carter recently jetted off to Italy again - this time for a romantic getaway to explore the country’s Tuscan region.
Sharing snaps of the holiday to Instagram, Dan posted photos of the couple’s visits to ancient cathedrals as well as a selfie taken after enjoying some of the area's best local cuisine.
Honor also offered a sneak peak of the romantic getaway, sharing photo of her visiting a tiny town with quirky little streets.
The country seems to hold a special place in both Dan and Honor’s hearts with the couple spending a special weekend in Venice just weeks ago with Honor’s sister Michal.
A photo posted to Instagram shows Honor looking absolutely stunning in a floor-length white gown cinched at the waist with a silver belt, while Michael looked just marvellous in black lace.
Dan and the family have been based in Paris since 2015, and moved to the city not long after the rugby star signed to play for Racing 92.
Of the move, Dan said: “I’ve got a young family, and that definitely comes into play as the most important thing, and at the stage we’re at, it’s the perfect opportunity to experience living outside New Zealand.”
The star admitted that Paris was one of his favourite cities, and last April told the press he and the family were settling in nicely to Parisian life.
“I'm a lot more settled now, feeling like we have our little local restaurants and our favourite markets to go to, we're a lot more settled now,” Dan said.
Watch Dan Carter making his rugby debut for Racing 92.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019