Rugby legend Dan Carter is ready to take up residence in one of Auckland’s poshest suburbs, after he and his family eventually return from France.
The former All Black is understood to have recently bought a large eastern suburbs property, according to NZME.
The new Remuera family home is a character three-bedroom weatherboard classic. As well as sitting on a quarter-acre section, the property has views through a bush reserve to the water.
It’s been reported the palatial pad has a CV of $4m, although it's likely the Carters paid much more for it.
The couple have previously owned in the well-heeled Auckland suburb.
Their two-story Aldred Road home, which the pair bought in 2014 for $3,050,000, was sold late last year for $4.5m, and is believed to have netted the rugby star a $1.5m profit.
Currently the 33-year-old star first five, along with his wife Honor and sons Marco and Fox live in Paris. The rugby legend is signed to high profile French team Racing 92, and is into the second year of his contract.
Earlier this year, Carter made a return visit to New Zealand after he was caught drink-driving in France.
Local media reported Carter had forgotten his driver’s licence and his blood alcohol reading was 0.98 grams of alcohol per litre of blood. The permitted rate in France is 0.5.
He is yet to go to court on the charges.
Following his arrest, the record-breaking Number 10 issued an apology on Facebook.
"No excuses - I made a massive error of judgment and have let down my club, my fans and most importantly my family," he wrote.
"I will have to now let the police/court process run its course and face the consequences. I'm just glad no one was harmed. Sorry."
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019