Cindy Crawford has opened up about her past marriage to Richard Gere, admitting that the actor is “like a stranger to her.”
The supermodel was 26 when she tied the knot with the then 42-year-old actor in 1991.
“I didn’t think I was young, though, but I was young,” Cindy said during an appearance on WTF podcast.
“I was with Richard for, like, six years, but I was only married for two.”
They officially split four years after marrying in 1995.
When asked if they’re now on good terms, she said, “We're friendly, but I think it's almost like he's gone back to being, like, 'Richard Gere' again, like a stranger, because we don't really see each other that much."
"I think part of the problem in our relationship was that we were a lot of other things, but I don't know if we were ever friends – like peers, because I was young, and he was Richard Gere.”
"And then, as I started kind of growing up and growing into myself – it's hard to change the nature of a relationship once you're already in it."
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020