With the upload of one simple - though, very intimate - photo to Twitter, the supermodel mum has garnered applause from women the world over.
On Wednesday night, the 37-year-old taught us all a lesson in body positivity by uploading a picture of what appeared to be stretch marks on her inner thin.
The much-loved celeb caption the photo, “Whatevs.”
Chrissy later revealed that she needed a little dutch courage to upload the sensitive photo, writing, "When I drink wine I say 'whatevs' and sober Chrissy doesn't like it.”
"I do not post stretchies for the praise," she explained.
"I post it because the wine also I like the pattern and they're so soft."
The relatable image has since been shared over 13 thousand times on Twitter.
This isn’t the first time Chrissy has spoken candidly about body image.
After the birth of her first child in August last year, Chrissy was quick to speak out about the pressure placed on new mums to “bounce back” into shape after the birth of their child.
In an interview with the US Today show, the yummy mummy explained that A-listers have an advantage when it comes to losing weight gained during pregnancy.
"Anyone in the public eye, we have all the help we could ever need to be able to shed everything,” she began.
“So I think people get this jaded sensation that everybody's losing it so quickly, but we just happen to be the ones who are out there.”
“We have nutritionists, we have dietitians, we have trainers, we have our own schedules, we have nannies,” she admits of the endless resources available to those in the limelight.
“We have people who make it possible for us to get back into shape. But nobody should feel like that's normal, or like that's realistic."
And while on Instagram Chrissy’s life appears to be perfect picture, the star also admits that she thinks too much focus is placed on mother’s bodies after birth, rather than their mental wellbeing.
“I think a lot of the mood stuff that happens afterwards isn’t really talked about, whether it’s postpartum depression or really just, for me, some days, I wouldn’t know how to cope with work and juggle things and still have time for a husband and life,” she bravely confesses, adding that she found the time to be tough.
“I think I was slightly cursed by having such a great pregnancy and being so happy and having so much energy, that just the decline of all those endorphins, and all the prenatals and everything I was on and how healthy I was, naturally made my mood change.
“There were periods where you get super dark.”
Unsurprisingly the brunette beauty's refreshing words were met with praise by both women and mums everywhere.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019