Actress Chloë Grace Moretz has been granted a temporary restraining order against a man who showed up at her home twice within 24 hours.
The 18-year-old offender was arrested and charged with trespassing on June 30 after climbing over a gate at Moretz's family home in Los Angeles.
According to court papers, the "unknown trespasser" began "violently banging on the doors and windows of the residence in an attempt to gain access to Chloë Moretz and her family." Police were called and the man was arrested and charged with trespassing.
He returned the following day, however, and attempted to gain access to the property by climbing the gate again and violently banging on the front door. The man was rearrested and the charge against him was upgraded to felony stalking.
The temporary restraining order, which was filed by Mortez's brother Brandon, stipulates the alleged stalker must stay at least 100 yards from Moretz, her two brothers and her mother.
There will be a court hearing next month to decide whether or not the order is made permanent.
The 22-year-old actress and former girlfriend of Brooklyn Beckham was reportedly left shaken by the incident.
Moretz and Beckham called time on their relationship last year after four years of on-off dating.
Last month she was pictured in Auckland with her new love interest - US model Kate Harrison.
Chloë was in New Zealand filming her new movie Shadow in the Cloud. The film, directed by, directed by Kiwi Roseanne Liang, is about a female World War II bomber pilot.
While Chloë is yet to publicly speak about the latest incident, this isn't the first time the star has had to deal with such unwanted attention. She was granted a restraining order against another alleged stalker in December 2017.
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019