Actress Chloë Grace Moretz has been granted a temporary restraining order against a man who showed up at her home twice within 24 hours.
The 18-year-old offender was arrested and charged with trespassing on June 30 after climbing over a gate at Moretz's family home in Los Angeles.
According to court papers, the "unknown trespasser" began "violently banging on the doors and windows of the residence in an attempt to gain access to Chloë Moretz and her family." Police were called and the man was arrested and charged with trespassing.
He returned the following day, however, and attempted to gain access to the property by climbing the gate again and violently banging on the front door. The man was rearrested and the charge against him was upgraded to felony stalking.
The temporary restraining order, which was filed by Mortez's brother Brandon, stipulates the alleged stalker must stay at least 100 yards from Moretz, her two brothers and her mother.
There will be a court hearing next month to decide whether or not the order is made permanent.
The 22-year-old actress and former girlfriend of Brooklyn Beckham was reportedly left shaken by the incident.
Moretz and Beckham called time on their relationship last year after four years of on-off dating.
Last month she was pictured in Auckland with her new love interest - US model Kate Harrison.
Chloë was in New Zealand filming her new movie Shadow in the Cloud. The film, directed by, directed by Kiwi Roseanne Liang, is about a female World War II bomber pilot.
While Chloë is yet to publicly speak about the latest incident, this isn't the first time the star has had to deal with such unwanted attention. She was granted a restraining order against another alleged stalker in December 2017.
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019