Actress Chloë Grace Moretz has been granted a temporary restraining order against a man who showed up at her home twice within 24 hours.
The 18-year-old offender was arrested and charged with trespassing on June 30 after climbing over a gate at Moretz's family home in Los Angeles.
According to court papers, the "unknown trespasser" began "violently banging on the doors and windows of the residence in an attempt to gain access to Chloë Moretz and her family." Police were called and the man was arrested and charged with trespassing.
He returned the following day, however, and attempted to gain access to the property by climbing the gate again and violently banging on the front door. The man was rearrested and the charge against him was upgraded to felony stalking.
The temporary restraining order, which was filed by Mortez's brother Brandon, stipulates the alleged stalker must stay at least 100 yards from Moretz, her two brothers and her mother.
There will be a court hearing next month to decide whether or not the order is made permanent.
The 22-year-old actress and former girlfriend of Brooklyn Beckham was reportedly left shaken by the incident.
Moretz and Beckham called time on their relationship last year after four years of on-off dating.
Last month she was pictured in Auckland with her new love interest - US model Kate Harrison.
Chloë was in New Zealand filming her new movie Shadow in the Cloud. The film, directed by, directed by Kiwi Roseanne Liang, is about a female World War II bomber pilot.
While Chloë is yet to publicly speak about the latest incident, this isn't the first time the star has had to deal with such unwanted attention. She was granted a restraining order against another alleged stalker in December 2017.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:38am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsAs Meghan steps away from royal life, another royal is already stepping in to fill her place
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020