The world’s most genetically blessed couple will soon welcome a baby brother or sister for 16-month-old daughter James, sources have confirmed to multiple news outlets.
“Blake is absolutely thrilled and so is Ryan,” the insider revealed to People.
"They are very excited. Blake always wanted two or three kids," a second source tells E! News.
While a rep for the pair are yet to comment on the happy news, Blake and Ryan are expected to make their official baby bump debut at the upcoming Met Gala on May 2.
The blonde bombshell first sparked rumours of a second pregnancy earlier this week, when she was pictured re-shooting scenes on set in Malibu of her upcoming film, The Shallows.
The 28-year-old, who was dressed in a skin-tight wetsuit, stood with a robe covering her torso; however a small but prominent bump could be seen beneath the fabric.
The exciting news seems fitting, considering that both Blake and the Deadpool star, 39, have expressed their keen desire for a huge brood.
“I do want to just enjoy this moment,” the former Gossip Girl actress told People shortly after welcoming her baby girl, James, on December 16, 2014.
“But I also feel like my first child is going to be the oldest sibling to the next kid, and that may change with each and every year. I’m looking forward to how one baby influences the other, and to my family as a whole, to every single chapter.”
Watch: Ryan's daughter James calls him Mama! Post continues after video...
"We'd love to have a big family. We both come from big families - my parents did four, Blake's did five,” the father-of-one quipped in an interview with Details Magazine.
“A lot of people say it's crazy, but we'll only know when we're there, you know?" The actor dished. "We'll walk through that fire pretty happily, I think."
Blake and Ryan met on the set of superhero flick, The Green Lantern, but were both in other relationships at the time.
A year on, the couple saw fireworks on a double date – with other people.
"About a year after Green Lantern had come and gone and we were both single we went on a double date – she was on a date with another guy and I was on a date with another girl – and it was like the most awkward date for the respective parties because we were just like fireworks coming across," he told People magazine.
The loved-up couple have been married since 2012 when they tied the knot at the Boone Hall Plantation in secret.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020